Well, more accurately:
- test driving online accounting software Xero (because my workplace had it and it looked good, i.e., simple)
- uploading all my data
- working through the steep learning curve
- finding out the cheapest plan wasn’t going to work for me, and not being able to afford the one that would
- back to the drawing board – or Google – to find a free one
- suffering doubt about the quality available
- trying to decide which one, and getting confused
- downloading several, testing and discarding them
- finally, finally finding a free, cloud based software that looks ok and installing it
- climbing the learning curve again ….
- procrastinating about putting all my data into another package, again!
- 2 weeks later ….still procrastinating about the last little bit because my brain has gone to mush and I can’t seem to do what I did the first time, and it’s all too hard!
So, that has basically been June for me. I still have the delight of July to look forward to, wherein I have to find a tax accountant. Better get on it I guess.
Oh, and if you’re wondering which program I went with in the end – it was SlickPie.